3.2 Emerging Superpower Nations
- To what extent can China be considered to a Superpower?
- What strategies are China employing to ensure it has the energy and
resources available to support its economic growth?
- What factors may restrict China’s ability to emerge as a Superpower?
Under the 4 Pillars of Superpower status – your task is to evaluate the case for China.
You will each take one pillar and look at positive and negative aspects of that characteristic for China.
- State successes show Obamacare can work; Al Gore, vegan; China superpower doubted (blogs.marketwatch.com)
- The U.S., Japan and South Korea Flout China’s Air Defense Zone. What’s a Superpower To Do? (world.time.com)
- The USA Comes to Beijing (chinaglobalimpact.com)
- How China Became the Wine World’s Most Unlikely Superpower (business.time.com)
- China Is Quietly Becoming Gold Superpower (ritholtz.com)
- Op-Ed Contributor: China’s Limited Influence (nytimes.com)
- The U.S. Is Still A Superpower (For Now) (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Why U.S. Hegemony Is Here to Stay (huffingtonpost.com)
- Superpower status in sight for China, says scholar (wantchinatimes.com)